Sunday, December 4, 2016

True holiday spirit


What the holiday season is truly about 

It's easy to get distracted during the holiday season. It's easy to think that everything is suppose to be sparkling and sweet and cheerful. 
The truth is life is still going on even during the holidays. Things can still be tough and we can still be dealing with difficult issues or problems. 
For me I know these last few weeks have been filled with tests- but each has made me stronger. And even though it's tough to get through some days, I realized I still have a duty to friends and family and more importantly to my Savior. 
I also love helping others and knew I needed to help myself first. 
I needed to remember that this season is for Jesus and all the hope and good news His birth brought to all us people. With Him, all things are possible and with prayer- there is strength. He will comfort us and speak to us in the sweet calm in which we wait after we eagerly turn to Him. This is my greatest hope and the one thing that makes this time of year such a heartwarming time. Because I realize the reality of His great love for us and the greatest gift we have ever received: Jesus. :) 
Luke 2: 10-11
[ I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people today in the town of David. A Savior has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.] 
Keeping Christ in all our daily endeavors is powerful and leaves us knowing we are so uniquely loved. We are so cherished and nothing will change that in His eyes. In choosing Christ, you are automatically a child of the King. How wonderful!!! 
This reminds me that no matter what, He is with me and that is an amazing comfort. The greatest gift of all!! 
Since I have been struggling a bit financially as of late, I decided I didn't need to stress or worry about how I could bring cheer to the wonderful people in my life. I realized I have many talents and can instead make gifts or bake goods for people. 
I am happy that I will be making gifts for people and to continue to show others the love our Lord so willingly gave to us as a gift. 
I wish you all a great holiday season and I will keep you updated on my progress!! :) 

Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment