Monday, December 5, 2016

An encounter

Feeling God's presence 

Tonight at one of my Ministry classes, I was brought to tears. I felt the warm tears trickle down my face as I heard the preacher recount a story that related to my past almost exactly. 

As class began I honestly was not thinking it would be as moving and powerful as other classes I have attended. The teacher started with a story and  said a few things I told myself I had already heard before. Plus there was no relation to any scripture in most of the lesson so I was not sure what to take notes on. I always want to take in as much as possible and leans from other followers, but I truly thought I had heard it all before in my mind. 
I resolved to begin writing prayers in my journal while simply listening to the lesson rather than try to make notes that were not coming to me. 
As class progressed I looked up when I heard a vital question asked "How do you go to Father God?" This lead us to the imagery of how we see the Spirit. This was also something that has been  presented to me in the past but the approach here was unique. 
I was reminded and need to share with you that the way we see ourselves and the other people in our lives, directly affects how we see God. If our relationships with our parents, siblings, friends and elders, is closely related to how we see ourselves before God, then these relationships are very important. 
But God does not see us how we see us. He has a much greater image. 

I knew in this case I needed to examine the relationships I've had with my siblings and parents foremost. Because of my father leaving our family and us not knowing his whereabouts now, that was a sad image to resurrect, painful even, but I needed to face it. 
Without my dad around for years, it altered all our lives and how we coped with various issues. Forgiveness was the key to my story's happy ending as well as accepting that God sees me in a beautiful and unique image to the point of not needing acceptance from any other source. 
In our activation, I was moved to tears and felt God's warm embrace hold me together.  He is my Father and is loving enough to fill all voids. 

In prayer, 
Father God thank You. 
You are my strength, comfort and dearest joy. 
Because of You I know that I am loved and have a place by You. 
I truly can so all things through You. 
Thank you for calling me to shine for You  and to have Your blessing to do so. 
Thank you for the gift of Your love and grace. 
You are Most High!! 
Guide me and all those I love each day. 
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment