Thursday, December 22, 2016

The true spirit of Christmas



Lending a helping hand

During this most festive season of Christmas, not only is the ever present love of our Lord in our lives, but we also have the great privilege of spreading the gift of love to others.
What good news of our Savior!!! What a love that knows no bounds!!! A love that has given us the true blessing of everlasting life. I adore this time of year.  Not only is there so much celebration abound,  but we have the chance to look back on all the things  that we have gone through over the past year. God is great. He has promised to be with us through all of our struggles and in keeping our faith in him, there is so much joy and success! I know it is not easy. When our problems seem to consume us or become a lot more than we believe we can handle, it may seems like there is no way to see a light at the end of if. But that is a lie. That is a falsehood permeating your mind. Through God all is possible. When we live with His love in our lives we make a precious and beautiful decision. When I look back on how I have come through everything, I now it was God's love that has guided me and brought me through. And I know I am blessed with not only His amazing love, but the chance to share that with others and help them as well. I have the love that can change this world- we all do!! What great news!! No matter the idea, as long as it is good and in His name, it all will change this world for the better.
I was so upset two days ago to find out that a dear friend of mine was going through a tough struggle.  After a terrible fire, their family was left without a home and without any possessions. Thankfully God was with them and no one was home when this occurred. Of course I knew immediately it was an issue I wanted to help with. I knew I wanted to spread love and happiness to my dear friend in need at such a precious time of the year. I have prayed for his family and their kitty that unfortunately did not make the fire accident. Tonight I was blessed with sisters and friends to be able to come together and create gift packages for their family as part of our Waves group mission to help others in goodness whenever possible. Getting together like this to use what we have for others is such a blessing.

There's is always so much that can be done to help people all around you. Some may think that helping others is a worldly task, a job that can only be done with money or help or resources. But you'd be surprised. Opportunities to be blessings to others are all around you. In our communities, in our neighborhoods, perhaps even with our friends and other relatives. Stay positive, stay hopeful! Keep an open heart and an open mind!! Love others- no matter what. Love knows no bounds!!!

I pray for you all and am wishing you the greatest Christmas season!!!

With love
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment