Sunday, November 20, 2016

Stepping out in Faith!


Taking a chance in Faith

But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. (James 1:22)

Taking that first step into something new can be scary. I myself always get those urges to try something new, talk to someone I've never talked to before, or reach out to someone who may need help or may need to hear God's word. I pray that I may be a vessel of God's love to others, but that is always easier said than done. :/
Today I was nervous about approaching a member at church about a change I'd like to make. Often I have a hard time expressing what I feel or how I want to make an impact in life.
Yes I was so nervous, but I continually prayed:

 "Lord be still within me. Grant me the strength to do Your will and be patient in following through. Give me peace and let me not worry about how others will react. If this does not work, I will keep the faith that you still have a way to fulfill what is in my heart. You are the only one I need acceptance from."


I was surprised by my strength and my words. It all worked so well. There is much I still want to do to help our youth and to encourage people to be what they desire. But I need to step out of my norm as well. For that is where we finally see all that God has prepared for us!!!
Is there anything you wish to change or do better?

Photo: Bronx, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment